All I have to say is…. Gluten-free deliciousness!
Perfect for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays with a shortbread base, yummy apple butter filling, and a crunchy pecan topping. Let’s just say my roommate and I devoured these in minutes. Hope you enjoy!
1/2 cup crushed pecans
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar (brown sugar works too)
1/4 cup gluten-free baking flour
2 tbsp butter softened (use vegan butter to make it vegan)
Dry Dough Ingredients:
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup gluten-free baking flour
1/4 tsp salt
Wet Dough Ingredients:
1/2 cup maple syrup (can substitute with agave syrup as well)
1/4 cup cashew butter
1 tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp store bought apple butter
1. Mix all of your pecan toppings ingredients into a small bowl and set off to the side.
2. Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Mix wet ingredients (EXCEPT for the Apple butter and melted butter) in a small bowl.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and mix until a dough consistency starts to form. Then add in the 1 tbsp melted butter and mix well.
5. Grab an 8×8 baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Take your dough and form in into about a 6×6 square on your baking sheet (the dough will not fit in the 8×8 pan, to maintain the thickness of the bottom layer, lay out the dough in a smaller square shape :).
5. Speed your apple butter over the dough and top with your pecan toppings. (There may be some left over pecan toppings, feel free to snack on ;)!
6. Preheat the over to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Allow 10 minutes to cool! Best served warm with a glass of regular or vegan milk. Enjoy!