Prep time: 2 hr 15 min. Bake time: 20 minutes. Refrigerator time: 10 min. Makes about 10 cookies. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Plant-Based. Protein Packed.
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 8-10 Pitted & Soaked Dates
- 1 16oz Can of Chickpeas
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips (mixed in) OR 3 Tbsp of Vegan Chocolate Chips melted with 1 Tsp of Coconut oil (for a drizzle) OR BOTH! I prefer using either Lily’s Sweets Vegan Chocolate Chips OR HuKitchen Vegan Chocolate Hunks.
- Soak 8-10 dates in warm water for about 2 hours.
- Once dates have been soaked, drain them and pit them if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT for the chocolate chips in a food processor or high powered blender until smooth.
- Next, fold your chocolate chips into the batter.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop about 10 cookies onto the cookie sheet.
- Place them in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- If you want to add a drizzle on top, melt the coconut oil and chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on top and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has hardened over, take out of the refrigerator and enjoy! (They will preserve the best in the refrigerator).