Prep time: 45 minutes. Bake Time: None. Freezer time: 1 hour total. Makes about 8 large bars. Vegan, Gluten-free & Plant-Based.
For the Cookie Layer:
- 8 Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 Cup of Almond Flour
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/8 Tsp of Salt
- 2 Cups of Raw Cashews
- 2 Tbsp of Almond Milk
For the Caramel:
- 1 Cup of Coconut Milk Fat
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp of Salt
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 1 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
- Add Sea Salt on top to taste
- Use a high powered blender and blend the cookie layer ingredients ( dates, almond flour, vanilla, salt, cashews, and almond milk) for about 5 minutes OR until all ingredients are throughly mixed together (it should have a sticky/chewy consistency).
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper and evenly press the cookie layer down into the pan. Place it into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While the cookie layer is in the freezer, boil your caramel ingredients in a small pan over low to medium heat for 30 minutes. Make sure to stir frequently to keep the sauce from burning. After 30 minutes, the sauce should begin to form a think caramel consistency.
- Take the cookie layer out of the freezer and pour your caramel over top of it. Freeze both the caramel and the cookie layer for another 15 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Once 15 minutes is up, pour the chocolate over top of the caramel (option to add sea salt on top of the chocolate for taste) and freeze again for a final 15 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the freezer, cut into medium sized squares (should make about 8) and enjoy!