Prep time: 15 minutes. Bake time: NONE. Refrigerator time: 15 minutes. Freezer time: 15 minutes. Makes about 12 donut holes.
- 1 Cup of Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (about 1/2 of a large lemon)
- 1/4 Cup of Honey (sub Maple Syrup to make it Vegan)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 Cup melted Coconut Oil
For the White Chocolate Shell:
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Lily’s Sweets White Chocolate Chips (you can use any brand you like, I enjoy using Lily’s Chocolate Chips because they’re sweetened with stevia and can lower the sugar content of any dessert).
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- Mix all the dough ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Use the dough to roll 12 mini balls out onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and stick them into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- While the donut holes are cooling, in a small bowl, melt the white chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave for 30 second intervals until completely melted (usually takes me about 3 rounds before they’re melted).
- When 15 minutes is up, pull them out of the refrigerator and cover each one in the melted white chocolate.
- After each donut hole has been covered in white chocolate, sprinkle lemon zest on each one and place all 12 donut holes in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Once the white chocolate shell has hardened over, take them out of the freezer and enjoy!