These gluten-free, vegan, chewy cookies will blow your mind! Perfect for family gatherings or movie snacking! I used Enjoy Life Foods vegan chocolate chips to keep it vegan as well as almond flour and chickpeas for the base to give them that chewy texture (hence the name). I hope you enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes. Cook time: 20 minutes. Makes about 11-12 medium sized cookies.
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Can (16 oz) Garbanzo Beans/Chickpeas
- 1/2 Cup nut butter (I used Cashew Butter for this batch, but seriously any nut butter works!)
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (I used Enjoy Life Foods to keep them vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Layout a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Put all ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a high powered blender until smooth. I prefer to use my Vitamix blender because it’s less to clean; however, a food processor works just great!
- In a large bowl, mix in the chocolate chips with the cookie batter.
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop the cookies out onto the baking sheet (around 11-12 cookies).
- Optional to add extra chocolate chips on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- IMPORTANT: Let them cool for 10 minutes at least. They will fall a part if you do not let them cool. (I’m not very patient myself, but trust me it’s worth the wait).
- Grab a glass of your favorite type of vegan milk and enjoy!